Ordinary work visa is issued to citizens of Italy, other countries and persons without citizenship for an entry into the Russian Federation for work purposes based on an invitation issued by the General Administration for Migration Issues of the Ministry of Internal affairs of the Russian Federation with a possibility of a further prolongation by the Russian Migration agency on the territory of the Russian Federation.
The basis for a prolongation may be an employment agreement or a civil contract, either work or service, concluded according to the Russian Federation legislation.
Work visa may only be single-entry or multiple-entry for a period up to 90 days (except the visas for highly qualified specialists).
In order to apply for ordinary single- or multiple-entry work visas, one must submit:
- The invitation for an entry into the Russian Federation, issued by the General Administration for Migration Issues of the Ministry of Internal affairs of the Russian Federation; or
- Passport with no less than 2 empty pages for visas, valid for of 1.5 years from the date the visa becomes valid;
- Visa application form filled in on the website kdmid.ru, printed and signed personally by the applicant;
(When choosing the location where you will be applying for your visa, it is necessary to indicate the Visa Center where you are planning to submit the documents).
- Colour photography 3.5 x 4.5 cm with a light background with a clear frontal view of the full face without tinted glasses or a headwear (except for the persons who in accordance with their nationality or religious beliefs are depicted with a headwear on their passport photography). At the Russian visa center in Rome or Milan you may ask for the additional service “Express Photo”;
- Medical insurance policy valid on the territory of Russian Federation and during the validity of the visa, except for the mutual insurance cases.
Medical insurance policy must contain:
- contract date;
- policy number;
- first name, last name and father’s name of a policy holder;
- details of the insurer;
- a policy must be valid during the whole stay in the Russian Federation in case of single- or multiple-entry visa for period up to 90 days;
- list of medical and medical transportation services including repatriation of remains;
- coverage territory – the whole world or the Russian Federation; Europe, including Russia;
- signature of the insurer.
Insurance policies, letters of confirmation from insurance organizations not containing the above-mentioned information, set forms with stamps of the insurance companies and other insurance documents not fulfilling the indicated requirements are not considered.
- A certificate confirming that the foreign national is HIV-negative, if the applicant is applying for a visa for a period of over 3 months;
- Power of Attorney (in case of submitting documents/collecting passport with ready visa by a third party);
- If you are not a citizen of Italy, you must also submit: a. A permit for a continuous stay in Italy for more than 90 days for citizens of the following countries: Albania, Bahrain, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Haiti, Ireland, Japan, Lesotho, Libya, Macedonia, Mali, Mexico, New Zealand, Oman, Republic of Korea, Republic of South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Sierra Leone, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Venezuela.
According to the national legislation of Italy, a residence permit issued based on a corresponding visa serves as a document based on which a foreign citizen may continuously stay in the country for more than 90 days.
b. Italy Permanent Resident Card (Permesso di soggiorno per soggiornanti di lungo periodo) for the citizens of the following countries: Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Bangladesh, Chad, China, DPRK, Ethiopia, Georgia, India, Iran, Iraq, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Rwanda, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Syria, Vietnam.
Please note! Consulate institution reserves a right to request additional documents for visa processing, invite for an interview or extend the duration of a visa processing.
For the citizens of Italy and the European Union
4-10 business days
1-3 business days
4-10 business days
1-3 business days
Please note! If you are a person without citizenship or you are not a citizen of Italy or the European Union, please specify the fee charged for your visa by contacting an operator of a call-centre.
Visa processing fees and time schedules for the citizens of other countries and persons without citizenship are calculated according to “Consular fees of the consular institutions of the Russian Federation”.
Transfer or restoration of a visa regardless of citizenship
Please note! Before submitting the documents for a transfer or restoration of a visa, please consult a call-centre operator regarding a procedure, documents list and the period of a consideration.