Ordinary private visa is issued to the citizens of Italy, citizens of other countries and persons without citizenship for an entry to the Russian Federation for a guest visit based on:
- Invitation issued by the General Administration for Migration Issues of the Ministry of Internal affairs of the Russian Federation invitation, based on a request from a citizen of the Russian Federation, a foreign citizen with the Russian federation residence permit or a legal entity; or
- A written application from a Russian citizen to the Head of the Consulate for a joint entry into the Russian Federation with family members, who are foreign citizens; or
- A notarized written request of a citizen of the European Union who is legally residing in the Russian Federation and is inviting close relatives.
Ordinary private visa may also be issued in connection with a necessity of entry into the Russian Federation for urgent treatment or due to a serious illness or death of a close relative if one has the documents confirming the necessity of urgent treatment, serious illness or death of a close relative.
Private visa is issued for a period up to 90 days and may be single- or double-entry.
For persons, visiting military or civilian burial sites, it is necessary to submit the following documents (*According to the Agreement between the Russian Federation and the European Community on facilitation of the issuance of visas to the citizens of the Russian Federation and EU):
- Original or a stamped and signed copy of a document, confirming the existence of the burial site. The document must be issued by a Russian government agency or the organization “Red Cross”;
- Original or a copy of a document, confirming the kinship (lineal consanguinity*) of an applicant and the buried. *Relatives with lineal consanguinity are taken to be parents, children, grandchildren, spouses, grandparents, siblings;
- For persons visiting military and civilian burial sites usually short-term private visas are issued valid for up to 14 days.
An ordinary private visa may be issued to a foreign citizen in connection with a necessity of entry into the Russian federation for urgent treatment, due to a serious illness or death of a close relative, based on a decision of the Ambassador of the Russian Federation or Consul-General of the Russian Federation due to a written request of a foreign citizen.
The following documents are to be included to a request:
- a written confirmation from a Russian medical institution issued on an official letterhead (stamped) indicating the necessity of an emergency medical care, emergent hospitalization, emergent examination or a serious illness of a person that is being visited requiring constant care.
- or death certificate of a citizen – applicant‘s close relative (close relatives are taken to be spouses, children, parents, including parents-in-law, if a spouse is an accompanying person, siblings);
- or an international telegraph message indicating death of a citizen certified by an official from an institution of communication;
- a document confirming an immediate relationship of an applicant and a person to be visited or immediate relationship of an applicant and the deceased.
In order to apply for ordinary single-entry or double-entry private visas, one must submit:
- The invitation for an entry into the Russian Federation, issued by the General Administration for Migration Issues of the Ministry of Internal affairs of the Russian Federation; or
- A personal application written by a citizen of the Russian Federation, addressed to the head of the Consular Office and signed in the presence of a Visa Center operator, together with the application for issuance of a visa to his/her relatives (husband/wife, minor children, children of full age unable to work) who do not have Russian citizenship and who will enter Russia with him/her.
The presence of the Russian citizen’s relatives is not mandatory at the time of submission of the documents.
The following documents must also be attached when submitting the written application:
– Valid Russian passport for foreign travel together with a copy thereof.
– A valid document issued by the Italian authorities, and a copy thereof, allowing the Russian citizen to stay legally in Italy (visa, residence permit, identity card).
– The original and a copy of each document showing the family relationship between the Russian citizenship and the foreign relatives listed in the application. These documents, issued by the competent authorities of the Russian Federation or of the foreign Country, are the following: marriage certificate (visa application for spouse); birth or adoption certificate (visa application for minor child); birth or adoption certificate and medical certificate of inability to work (visa application for child of full age unable to work).
The date of issue of the birth and marriage certificates, issued by the Italian authorities, must not be earlier than six months.
The birth certificate must indicate the names of both parents.
– When submitting the documents for a visa application for a child, a declaration made by both parents must be presented, together with copies of their passports, in which they state that their son/daughter does not have Russian citizenship and that they have not submitted an application to receive it.
Please note! The issue of this type of visa is not governed by the Agreement between the Russian Federation and the European Union.
- A notarized written request of a citizen of the European Union who is legally residing in the Russian Federation and is inviting close relatives* – spouses, children, parents, grandparents, grandchildren. The lawful residence must be proven by providing a copy of the documents clarifying the status, such as resident permit, temporary residence permit, student or work visa enclosed to the request.
*The degree of kinship must be confirmed by providing the appropriate certificates of the Office of civil registration or equivalent documents issued in foreign countries. In case of the grandparents or grandchildren requests two copies of appropriate certificates of the Office of civil registration or equivalent documents issued in foreign countries that confirm the lineal consanguinity of the persons in question must be provided. It is possible to apply for a multiple-entry visa (spouses and children under 21 years old);
- Passport with no less than 2 empty pages for visas, valid for 6 months from the visa expiry date;
- Visa application form filled in on the website kdmid.ru, printed and signed personally by the applicant;
(When choosing the location where you will be applying for your visa, it is necessary to indicate the Visa Center where you are planning to submit the documents).
- Colour photography according to the photo specifications. At the Russian visa center in Rome or Milan you may ask for the additional service “Express Photo”;
- Medical insurance policy valid on the territory of Russian Federation and during the validity of the visa, except for the mutual insurance cases.
Medical insurance policy must contain:
- contract date;
- policy number;
- first name, last name and father’s name of a policy holder;
- details of the insurer;
- a policy must be valid during the whole stay in the Russian Federation in case of single- or multiple-entry visa for period up to 90 days;
- list of medical and medical transportation services including repatriation of remains;
- coverage territory – the whole world or the Russian Federation; Europe, including Russia;
- signature of the insurer.
Insurance policies, letters of confirmation from insurance organizations not containing the above-mentioned information, set forms with stamps of the insurance companies and other insurance documents not fulfilling the indicated requirements are not considered.
- Power of Attorney (in case of submitting documents/collecting passport with ready visa by a third party);
- If you are not a citizen of Italy, you must also submit: a. A permit for a continuous stay in Italy for more than 90 days for citizens of the following countries: Albania, Bahrain, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Georgia, Haiti, Ireland, Japan, Lesotho, Libya, Macedonia, Mali, Mexico, New Zealand, Oman, Republic of Korea, Republic of South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Sierra Leone, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Venezuela.
According to the national legislation of Italy, a residence permit issued based on a corresponding visa serves as a document based on which a foreign citizen may continuously stay in the country for more than 90 days.
b. Italy Permanent Resident Card (Permesso di soggiorno per soggiornanti di lungo periodo) for the citizens of the following countries: Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Bangladesh, Chad, China, DPRK, Ethiopia, Iraq, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Rwanda, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Syria, Vietnam.
Please note! Consulate institution reserves a right to request additional documents for visa processing, invite for an interview or extend the duration of a visa processing.
For the citizens of Italy and the European Union
Single-, double- and multiple-entry visa
4-10 business days
1-3 business days
Visa processing times are set by the Russian Consulate and vary depending on the type of invitation. In certain cases, visa processing times may be altered at the discretion of the Consulate.
According to the Agreement between the Russian Federation and the European Community on facilitation of the issuance of visas to the citizens of the Russian Federation and the European Union in a number of cases based on the category of the applicant and purpose of travel, a humanitarian visa may be issued without paying the consular fee.
Please note! If you are a person without citizenship or you are not a citizen of Italy or the European Union, please specify the fee charged for your visa by contacting an operator of a call-centre.
Visa processing fees and time schedules for the citizens of other countries and persons without citizenship are calculated according to “Consular fees of the consular institutions of the Russian Federation”.
Transfer or restoration of a visa regardless of citizenship
Please note! Before submitting the documents for a transfer or restoration of a visa, please consult a call-centre operator regarding a procedure, documents list and the period of a consideration.